Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Xie zi means Shoes

Check out those awesome purple shoes...I bought them today because I really needed new shoes. My feet are too big for any Chinese dress shoes (it's a shame because they have cute shoes here), but I can squeeze into the largest tennis shoes....and of course they only had purple, yellow, and green. :) Only 50 kuai. It was a successful shopping trip not only because I finally found shoes that fit, but because I talked to the shoe store lady exclusively in Chinese, asking her about the colors and sizes they had. Yea! I also went to Xinhua Bookstore, the state-run bookstore, where I bought piano music. The kindergarten has pianos, but I haven't played too much because I didn't have any music and I have a bad memory for songs. But now I can play the piano, although I still miss my cello.



Here are my friends from the Seedling (Miao miao) class. Above, Bruce, whose name is sometimes spelled Blus, and Major, whose English name took me forever to figure out because they pronounce it MYOO-jur, and below Tracy, Amy, and Danna....(I think! It might be her twin, Star.)
I spend Tuesday afternoons with the Seed class. This week we danced to the Primary CD stories my mom sent me about a walk in the forest and a trip to the zoo. It was perfect because they know most of the animals and we just learned the work "walk." Thanks, Mom!
I went to the bank today and when I came home my Internet was working again!! I am so happy!
Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and emails. When you read this, know that I am doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment