Thursday, May 13, 2010

Came Back to Texas


Me and Court have matching anklets!!

Lyssa at the park

Meilina in the glorious sunshine.
Winter Semester came to a bittersweet end. While I managed an A in American Heritage and an A minus in Chinese, I was sad to be leaving all my Provo friends. I bid my dear roommates adieu, packed up all my stuff, and went to spend a few days with the Baldaufs. Great, great fun, from watching the new Emma to attending Clara and David's reception, to going to the zoo with the Anderson boys. I also went to my friend Jordan's farewell--he's off to Edinburgh. It was nice to have some time to relax in Utah before coming home.
So, I came home! Dad greeted me at the airport, and when we came home there were posters and cake that Sara and the boys had made. My family is so kind to me! I've been home for about two and a half weeks. Still looking for a job. Meanwhile, I've been helping Sara with her choir scrapbook since she is the Choir Historian, reading, playing with Lanaea and Malyssa, helping around the house, sleeping, sleeping, sleeping, and watching Iron Chef with Dad after the little kids go to bed.
Today I got to go volunteer in Ammon's classroom, which was fun.
As per Meilina's recommendation, a list of quotes overheard at the Moores':

Ammon, after almost doing the splits: I can do that because I’m Asian.

Lanaea: I wish I can dance with a prince, when I was a princess.

Zach, after hearing the story of our 4th-great grandpa fighting with a police officer who criticized Joseph Smith: My great, great grandpa beat up a bobby!

Lanaea: Jesus saved all the children from the bad guys.

Anna: Do you think we’re going to have a boy baby, or a girl baby?
Lanaea, emphatically: We don’t know! Only Jesus knows.
Anna: Yeah, only Jesus knows. But what do you THINK?
Lanaea: Anna, you don’t think about that cuz you’re not Jesus!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment