Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Day and Birthday



Aren't those some cute beach boys? On Friday, a.k.a. the first day of summer vacation, Mom surprised us with a spontaneous trip to Quintana Beach. The sun was bright, the water salty, the sand everywhere. It was a jolly good adventure, including the van getting stuck in the sand twice! Good thing we have some strapping boys in the family, as well as helpful strangers, to rescue us.
On Saturday, Dad organized Operation Clean-the-House. After a morning of hard work, I got to to with Dad, Lanaea, and Malyssa to the baptisms of three eight-year-olds from the ward; I played the piano. I'm really grateful that I got to go feel the Spirit and remember the basics of the gospel.

Yesterday evening was Grandpa's 98th birthday party. Becky, Sierra, and Hailey Jakeman are in town and we were thrilled that they could join in the celebration. My parents put together outstanding table decorations highlighting important parts of Grandpa's life and his relationships with us.

Everyone gathered at Grandpa's place for a special program, cake and ice cream.Grandpa John, Becky, Matt, and Maren all shared a few words and then we presented Grandpa with his birthday present: a poster with pictures of every one of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Grandpa, we all love you and are so proud to be your descendants!

No comments:

Post a Comment