I decided to return to Provo for summer term at BYU. Amy and Dave picked me up from the airport on Saturday and they took me to my first rodeo! Yeehaw, it was fun!
Classes started on Monday morning. I have Chinese every day from 8-10 with Li Laoshi, a new teacher from Indiana/Taiwan. She is great, and her teaching style is really effective. There are only three girls in the class and I am the only non-return missionary, which is a little overwhelming, but so far I've been able to muddle through. Last semester we had weekly homework which I usually ended up doing Thursday night, but Li Laoshi gives us nightly homework which has already greatly improved my study habits:).
As I was walking home from campus the other day, (it's kind of a long walk, but I enjoy getting the fresh air. And it's not humid here!) I realized that in the past year I have been a member of four different wards and one branch and lived in four different places. Since my life is full of changes, I am so grateful for the things in my life that are constant: support from my family and friends, the ability to pray to my Heavenly Father, the sacrament, the gospel of Jesus Christ, which I believe in. It's not always easy, but I always try to let Him guide my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment