Sunday, October 10, 2010

Top Five


Top Five Events of the Past Month or So
1. 中秋节!The Mid-Autumn Festival! We had a huge dinner party at the Chinese house. Grandpa and Nai Nai were in town, so they came to celebrate us. It was fun to have both friends and family together. We ate delicious moon cakes of every kind. The next day Nai Nai bought me a copy of Tikki Tikki Tembo, which I let my Chinese roommate read and she thought it was absolutely hilarious.
2. I got an A on my first statistics exam! I had studied hard so getting a good grade made me happy. This next week I have lots of
3. Meilina and I went to the temple together and did some family names. It is such a blessing to have the resources that I do: the FamilySearch program, a computer, and a temple next door.
4. BYU WON!!! I worked gate security at the game last night. After the main rush of people going back into the stadium after half-time, I got in a friendly but passionate debate with one of my coworkers about Harry Potter-haha.
5. General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was fabulous. I invited over some friends for breakfast before the Saturday morning session, which was a lot of fun. I've met some great people here at the FLSR, and it was also nice to see some old friends. But most importantly, conference was great. I know that we have revelation from God through modern prophets. My favorite talk--okay, one of my favorite talks--was the one about choosing faith by Bishop Edgley. Hence the quote of the week: Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment