Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks in Idaho


(Pictured above: Meilina and I had way too much fun with the George boys. I taught them kungfu and Meilina taught them a hip hop dance routine:))

Meilina and I went to visit Grandma Joyce and the George's in Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving. After my one class on Tuesday, I met up with Nate for lunch at the Cougareat. We happened to meet up with an old friend, Diana Hancock, who was in town for the holiday.
After lunch I went to Meilina's house. We drove up to Idaho with Meilina's home teacher and his friend.
The big meal-turkey, potatoes, stuffing, veggies, rolls, scrumptious jello, etc.--was at Grandma Joyce's house. It was so good to see my little cousins, spend time with family, and be in a real house again. Meilina, Grandma and I had a lot of fun: cooking pies (Grandma's apple pie was absolutely perfect), eating, decorating her house for Christmas, shopping, watching the Food Network, and hearing the stories about our great grandparents.
On Saturday morning Meilina suggested that we go to the Idaho Falls Temple. It was really nice, and I left feeling just plain happy. And now I can add another temple to the list of temples I've been to: Mesa, Snowflake, Nauvoo, Houston, Hong Kong, and now Idaho Falls!
On Sunday we attended church with the Ammon 9th ward, where we learned about the new program on new.familysearch.org. It is amazing! You should all go check it out!
I came home last night, happy to see my roommates again. Today it was back to class, with the waltz in social dance, the Plague in World Civilizations, and Alma 5 in Book of Mormon.
We only have a couple weeks left before Christmas, and I am so excited! I can't wait to see my family. This semester has gone by so fast. It's been so good, and I've learned so much. I have been so blessed, and I have faith that even greater things lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment