Sunday, January 10, 2010

Looking Back and Looking Forward


Meilina and I went home for Christmas. It was wonderful to see my family again, to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and remember His love for us and our love for Him. The two-week break was filled with fun: listening to Sara perform at a benefit concert, shopping for those last few gifts, making Christmas treats, singing carols and hymns, attending the new ward for the first time, visiting the Narnia Exhibition and then watching Narnia movies, watching BYU win the Las Vegas Bowl, having everyone over for Christmas dinner, acting out the story of the Nativity, sleeping all in one room on Christmas Eve, feeling pleasure and shock at Santa’s generosity, giving our homemade gifts to each other, celebrating Sara’s birthday, making dumplings for our Chinese meal, eating real Texas barbecue with Dad on our way back to the airport to return to Provo.
Although I had a fabulous time in Texas, it was good to be back to my own room, my own bed, and my own kitchen. The first week of school was great. I’m taking the Second Half of the Book of Mormon, Chinese 201, American Heritage, Physical Science for El Ed Majors, Sociology 111, and Beginning Ballet. I have a lot of reading to do this semester between Sociology and American Heritage, but they are both very interesting classes.
My roommates and had an awesome night on Friday. We went to Olive Garden to celebrate Jenna’s birthday and then went on a huge group date to see the Alfred Hitchcock movie Psycho. It was scary but fun. Then we had cake and ice cream for Jenna. After our dates went home I stayed up until 4 am watching Penelope with Courtenay.
So far it’s been a great start to the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment