The scariest thing I've done: ride "The Samurai" at Lagoon with my friend Maddie--possibly also the most fun thing I've done.
The most sentimental thing I've done: I cried in Toy Story 3.
The yummiest: me and my roommate Ha made Chicken Tetrazzini on Friday--mmmm. (see above picture, complete with my just-woke-up-from-a-nap-hair)
The most patriotic: Last weekend there was an amazing fireside at the Marriott Center as part of the Freedom Festival. I heard performances from Jenny Oaks Baker, Jenny Jordan Frogley, and Alex Boye. Steve Young gave an AMAZING talk about service, and he introduced the audience to one of his friends who was recently wounded in Afghanistan. It reminded me of how blessed we are as Americans and how much freedom costs.
The proudest moment: 96% on my Chinese quiz. Yes!
The most favorite song: Lovers of Loving Love by the Aquabats, thank you Nate.
The most enlightening: I am LOVING my Mission Prep class. Even though I still have a while before I'm old enough to go on a mission, I am learning so much about the gospel and about God's plan. I didn't know how much I didn't know before taking this class.
The cutest: I talked to Lanaea on the phone today.
Lanaea: "Tell me Happy Fourth of July!"
Anna: "Happy Fourth of July!"
Lanaea: "Thank you!"
The most inspiring quote of the week, from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: "We must never, in any age or circumstance, let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. There have always been questions about the future. Every young person or every young couple in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty--starting with Adam and Eve in those first tremulous steps out of the Garden of Eden. But that is all right. This is the plan. It will be okay. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need" (from an amazing 2004 BYU speech called Terror, Triumph, and a Wedding Feast).
No comments:
Post a Comment