Yesterday I moved into the Chinese house at the FLSR. (You don't say it like F.L.S.R., but like it's one word: FLSR. Kind of like the FL DS MDFR in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.:)) My roommates and new ward seem very nice. We have sacrament meeting and Relief Society in English, but divide by languages for Sunday School, although we had a joint meeting today since it was our first time meeting together.
We had a great lesson in Sunday School about Jonah. I've always known the story of Jonah trying to run from God and being swallowed by a great fish, but for the first time the story seemed to apply to me personally. Sometimes the things that God commands us to do are scary, and we feel like running away. Maybe we feel inadequate, or maybe, like Jonah, we think the opposition is too much. But we have to remember that with God, nothing is impossible, and walk straight on to Ninevah.
I have been worried about starting a new school year--not knowing any of my roommates, only knowing a little Chinese, a new house, new ward, new classes, new job--small things, but for me very stressful. I wonder, why am I doing this to myself? Why bother learn Chinese? Why should I meet new people? Why do I have to take Stat 121? But I need to be like Nephi, and trust that the Lord will provide a way for me to do what He wants me to do and be who He wants me to be. I need to head straight for wherever the Lord asks me to go, and do exactly and promptly whatever He asks me to do. Life is difficult, but life is a test. And I am determined to pass this test.
No comments:
Post a Comment