After an eight month hiatus, in the midst of a crazy weekend, and in honor of my upcoming trip to China, Rosie Spectacles has been officially revived. I also decided to make my blog more public (before it was open just to family members). Two reasons for this: 1) I'm slightly egotistical and think that people might enjoy reading my blog, and 2) it's important for me that people understand China. I don't think that most Americans do. I don't. There are so many stereotypes and the media loves to play up our economic dependence on China. It's true that they have helped us out, but we have also helped them. I want our relationship with China to be one of mutual understanding. Overly idealistic? Maybe. But after all, I did name my blog after the proverbial rose-colored glasses.
So here's a quick update: I've been an RA for the past eight months, which has been extremely stressful and extremely rewarding. This weekend all my residents are going home. In the midst of check-outs, finals, and cleaning, I am packing for China. It has been pretty crazy, especially considering the breakdown of Stella (Meilina's car which I have been using this semester). Still, I found time to create a Pottermore account (still recovering from the disappointment of being sorted into Hufflepuff) and enjoy Five Guys with Nate. In approximately 36 hours I will be on the plane to Chinawith my dear Jie Jie (Chinese for older sister)!
Anna, you are quite the writer!! And definitely have reason to be egotistical (even though you really aren't). I'm so excited to follow along during your adventures :) best of luck!!
ReplyDelete