


The people of China love their children. The bottom picture is of a little boy with his mother and grandfather at the park I went to today. I'm not sure what the park is called but it was very nice. The park had several pagodas, a golden statue of some great leader, and an amusement park next door. There were lots of children there, all bundled up, as well as couples sitting on benches. One little boy's mother was showing him how to breathe deeply. They had signs up in the park: "Take care of trees and flowers. Get close to nature" and "Returning love Giving green." As I watched this little family, I reflected on the one-child policy and how devoted Chinese parents are to the upbringing of their one child. The knowledge that Heavenly Father gave His Only Begotten Son would have special meaning to the people of such a family-oriented culture.
Every Friday I go teach for a couple hours at another kindergarten, Sunny Dadi Kindergarten, down the road. This kindergarten is situated in a more affluent part of town and they speak better English there. As I played with the children outside, they had me move around and posed the children for pictures with me. As mom said, I'm a mascot! It is really funny, but if they take pictures of me, then I don't feel as awkward taking pictures of them!
Yesterday as I returned to my apartment after teaching at Sunny Kindergarten, one of the students from my kindergarten called out "Anna!" She was thrilled to see me and it made me so happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment